* Los Angeles-based institution that houses left-wing activist groups
* Funded by billionaire Aris Anagnos, who has a long history of financing Marxist causes around the globe
* Assets: $6,065,508 (2011)
* Grants Received: $7,330 (2011)
* Grants Awarded: $0 (2011)
Established in 1988 as the Los Angeles Peace Center, the Aris and Carolyn Anagnos Peace Center Foundation (ACAPCF) is headed by the billionaire real-estate magnate and socialist ideologue Aris Anagnos. Its purpose is to provide rent-free office space for left-wing antiwar and “social justice” groups in the Los Angeles area.
Among the organizations sharing ACAPCF’s Los Angeles address (at 8124 West Third Street) are the Coalition for World Peace, the Humanitarian Law Project, the Office of the Americas, Peace No War, and branch offices of the National Lawyers Guild and the Democratic Socialists of America.
(Information on grants and assets courtesy of The Foundation Center, GuideStar, ActivistCash, the Capital Research Center, and Undue Influence)