* Clarke was one of 27 Members of Congress to co-sponsor H. Res. 333, which Rep. Dennis Kucinich introduced on April 24, 2007. This bill set forth articles of impeachment against Vice President Dick Cheney, for having “purposely manipulated the intelligence process” to “deceive” American citizens and Congress alike “about a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and about an alleged relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda, to justify the use of the U.S. Armed Forces against Iraq in a manner damaging to U.S. national security interests.”
* In December 2007, Clarke was one of nine House Democrats who voted against a resolution to formally recognize the importance of “Christmas and the Christian faith.” Earlier that year, by contrast, she had voted in favor of “recogniz[ing] the commencement of [the Islamic holy month] Ramadan” and the Hindu religious holiday Diwali.
* On December 22, 2009, Clarke was one of 33 U.S. Representatives who signed a letter to Hillary Clinton, urging the Secretary of State to pressure the Israeli government to end its ban on Palestinian student travel from Gaza to the West Bank. “We applaud your efforts to support educational opportunities for Palestinian youth, including your initiative to increase U.S. funding for Palestinian universities and educational programs in Gaza and the West Bank,” added the letter.
* On January 27, 2010, Clarke was one of 54 Members of Congress who signed a letter urging President Barack Obama to use diplomatic pressure to end Israel’s blockade of Gaza—a blockade that had been imposed in order to prevent Hamas terrorists from importing weaponry from Iran and Syria.
* In September 2011, Clarke appeared at the “Reggae Rhythm and Blues Festival” in Queens, New York, where she presented Jamaican performer Beenie Man with a written proclamation stating: “We honor you. You have been an outstanding performer and you have made all Jamaicans proud.” But as a Think Progress report noted: “Beenie Man’s lyrics prominently endorse hate against LGBT Americans, with some even talking about hanging lesbians ‘a long piece of rope’ and saying that ‘all faggots must be killed.’”