* From 1972-81, Quentin Young was the Chairman of Medicine at Cook County Hospital.
* In 1992, Young was honored by the Chicago Democratic Socialists of America at their annual award dinner.
* In 1995, Young contributed $150 to Barack Obama’s political action committee, Friends of Barack Obama.
* In a 2009 interview with Amy Goodman of Democracy Now!, Young reminisced about the germination of his ideological kinship with the young Barack Obama: “Barack Obama, in those early days [as a state senator] — influenced, I hope, by me and others — categorically said single-payer [healthcare] was the best way, and he would inaugurate it if he could get the support, meaning [Democratic] majorities in both houses, which he’s got, and the presidency, which he’s got. And he said that on more than one occasion….”
* In April 2009, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn appointed Young to chair the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board.