* In 1987, Pacifica provided live radio coverage of the complete confirmation hearings for U.S. Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork.
* In 1994, WBAI news director and co-anchor Amy Goodman won an Alfred I. Dupont-Columbia University Journalism Award for the program Massacre: The Story of East Timor.
* In 1994, Pacifica provided live coverage of the 25th anniversary of the Stonewall march and rally of 1969, which marked the birth of the modern gay liberation movement.
* In 1999, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration provided a sizable grant of taxpayer dollars to upgrade transmitter equipment for KPFK in Los Angeles.
* Pacifica viewed the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003 as a “reckless imperial adventure” against a country that “has not attacked us.”
* A former general manager of Pacifica’s Washington, DC station WPFW was Tony Regusters, who had previously served as press secretary to Congresswoman Maxine Waters and as the producer of the Julianne Malveaux Show.