* In the spring of 2000, Ritchie authored an article titled “Resisting Globalization: Beyond Seattle” for Synthesis/Regeneration, a self-described “magazine of green social thought.”
* Ritchie supported the 2000 presidential campaign of Ralph Nader.
* In February 2002 Ritchie attended the anti-globalization World Social Forum in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
* In October 2003 Ritchie authored an article titled “A New Beginning for WTO after Cancun,” which was published in the CPUSA newspaper, People’s Weekly World.
* On August 20, 2004, Ritchie donated $355 to America Coming Together.
* Ritchie has given financial support to the political campaigns of Tom Harkinand Walter Mondale.
* In 2004 Ritchie served as chair emeritus on the directors’ board of Growth & Justice, which promotes “social justice” in the form of “a strong and growing state economy that provides a decent standard of living for all.”
* Over the course of his activist career, Ritchie has served in such capacities as: