* Former Sixties radical Mitchell Plitnick served as JVP’s director of education and policy from 2003-08 and was instrumental in the organization’s expansion.
* Over the years, JVP has worked closely with such organizations as Electronic Intifada, American Muslims for Palestine, Adalah-NY, Code Pink, Sabeel, the International Solidarity Movement, the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation (of which JVP is an official member), and the Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center.
* Over the years, JVP’s advisory board has included such luminaries as Ed Asner, Judith Butler, Noam Chomsky, Eve Ensler, Naomi Klein, Tony Kushner, Robert Meeropol, the late Michael Ratner, and the late Howard Zinn.
* JVP was once a member organization of the United for Peace and Justice anti-war coalition.
* Professor Mark Levine is a member of JVP’s academic advisory council.