* One of Jared Polis’s passions has been the “normalization” of relations between the United States and Cuba. In 2013, he was one of 59 House Members who signed a letter urging President Barack Obama to “support travel to Cuba by granting general licenses for ALL current categories of travel.” (Emphasis in original)
* When the Supreme Court in June 2015 ruled in favor of legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states, Polis tweeted: “Historic victory at #SCOTUS. #lovecantwait”
* Polis spoke at the 2009 “America’s Future Now” conference, an annual event organized by the Institute for Policy Studies and the Campaign for America’s Future.
* Peace Action has supported Polis’s political campaigns since 2008.
* Polis at one time served on the board of Progress Now Action.
* As of October 2012, Polis had a net worth of at least $72.09 million. This fortune consisted of a diverse portfolio of stocks and funds; numerous real-estate investments (including properties in Boulder, Denver and Florida; and sizable stakes in a number of businesses. In addition, Polis held dozens of positions at outside organizations, primarily venture-capital funds and investment firms where he was a full or limited partner.