* In June 1996 Solis dispatched an individual named Antonio Aguilar to represent her and to serve as a presenter at a major Communist Party USAevent.
* in June 2008 Solis sent a caseworker from her East Los Angeles office, Elana Henry, to represent her at a workers’-rights forum organized by the Socialist International, which bills itself as “the worldwide organization of social democratic, socialist, and labor parties.”
* On October 15, 2009, Solis presented the Institute for Policy Studies‘ Letelier-Moffitt Human Rights Award (named after the Chilean socialist Orlando Letelier and his American assistant Ronni Moffitt) to Domestic Workers United, a grassroots organization of Caribbean, Latina, and African nannies, housekeepers, and caregivers which helped lead a national movement for domestic workers’ rights.
* In November 2013, Solis became a scholar-in-residence at Cal Poly Pomona, her alma mater. Among her duties were to serve as a guest lecturer, mentor students, and assist in curriculum development.
* Solis serves as a board-of-directors member of American Rights at Work (ARW), an organization that encourages employees to form unions and bargain collectively.