● In October 1991 Boxer was part of a delegation of Democrat congresswomen—including also such notables as Eleanor Holmes Norton and Patricia Schroeder—who urged the Senate to delay its vote on the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.
● In June 2007 Boxer was a guest speaker at a “Take Back America” conference organized by the Campaign for America’s Future and the Institute for Policy Studies.
● In 2010, Democracy For America endorsed Boxer’s Senate re-election bid and honored her with its annual “Progressive Hero” award.
● In May 2014 Boxer denounced congressional Republicans for pressing forward with an investigation into the September 11, 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi. By the senator’s telling, the probe was a “sham,” a “political witch-hunt,” a “kangaroo court,” and a “waste of taxpayer dollars.” She also suggested that the investigation was motivated chiefly by the fact that Republicans were “afraid of [former Secretary of State] Hillary Clinton‘s [possible presidential] candidacy” in 2016. “[But] they’re not going to investigate the tragedy and the scandal of more than 4,000 Americans killed in the Iraq War based on phony intelligence,” Boxer added.
● Over the years, Boxer has received political and financial support from such organizations as 21st Century Democrats, Code Pink, the Council for a Livable World, the Democratic Socialists of America, EMILY’s List, and Planned Parenthood. She is also one of only a handful of candidates to whom billionaire George Soros has given a personal contribution.