During Tuesday’s press conference, White House Press Propagandist Karine Jean-Pierre refused to condemn hundreds of Jew-haters who have been shown in recent viral videos pulling down posters of Israelis who were kidnapped by Hamas.
The posters have been put up in cities across the U.S. and Europe and a large number of video clips have surfaced showing Hamas supporters pulling the posters down.
Asked if the White House believes those who are tearing down the posters “should be condemned” or if pulling down the posters constitutes a form of “peaceful protest,” Jean-Pierre responded, “Look, I, eh, I, I, I’ve sort of kind of seen the reporting here and there, I think it was from last week, right?”
The reporter quickly noted, “there’s been like 30 million videos that have gone around on this.”
“No, I know. I hear you. I hear you,” she responded. “I’m just not going to, we’re not going to, I’m not going–”
Pressed again, KJP responded, “I’m just not going to go into specifics on that particular thing.”
She said that there were “real violent protests and threats that are happening right now” and that’s what the administration was focused on.
Pressed once more on the matter, she refused to answer.
After garnering significant backlash online over her unwillingness to condemn those Hamas supporters, Jean-Pierre was forced to publish a post on X condemning the pulling down of posters.
“As a result of the Hamas terrorist attacks, communities and families are grieving,” she said. “For the past month, the families of those who have been taken hostage have lived in agony. Tearing down pictures of their loved ones – who are being held hostage by Hamas – is wrong and hurtful.”