* Notwithstanding DA’s secrecy about the identity of its partners, a May 2014 investigative report by the Washington Free Beacon revealed that the following individuals had become new DA partners in 2013 and 2014:
- Adam Abram (2014) is the founder of the James River Group, chairman of Franklin Holdings, chairman of Piedmont Community Bank Holdings, and former president of Adaron Group. From 1990-2013, Abram donated more than $110,000 to Democrats.
- Noel Beasley (2014) is the president of Workers United, vice president of the Service Employees International Union, and chairman of Amalgamated Bank.
- Paul Boskind (2013) is the CEO of Deer Oaks Mental Health Associates and a theater producer. From 1990-2013, Boskind donated almost $200,000 to Democrats. In 2012 he bundled between $100,000 and $200,000 for President Obama’s reelection campaign, and he served on the DNC’s national finance committee.
- Larry Cohen (2013) is president of the Communications Workers of America.
- Amy Goldman (2013) is an author, horticulturalist, and heiress to the massive fortune of the late New York City real estate magnate Sol Goldman. From 1990-2013, Amy Goldman donated more than $6 million to Democratic candidates, party organs, interest groups, and independent expenditure groups like Priorities USA, House Majority PAC, Planned Parenthood, and Organizing For Action.
- Colin Greer (2014) is president of the New World Foundation.
- Heeten Kalan (2014) is a senior program officer at the New World Foundation.
- George Kohl (2013) is the senior director of the Communications Workers of America.
- Keith Mestrich (2014) is the president of Amalgamated Bank
- Philip Munger (2014) is a New School professor, and the son of Berkshire Hathaway vice chairman Charles Munger (whose estimated net worth as of 2014 was $1.2 billion). From 1990-2013, Philip Munger donated more than $700,000 in political contributions — all to Democrats or liberal/left interest groups like Organizing For America.
- Michelle Ringuette (2013) is an assistant to American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten.
- Rick Segal (2014) is CEO of the financial services firm Seavest, Inc. Between 1990 and 2013, he made $165,000 in political contributions to Democrats. He also bundled between $250,000 and $500,000 for President Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign.
- Ryan Smith (2014) is an individual about whom little, if anything, is known.
- Henry van Ameringen (2014) is president of the Van Ameringen Foundation, and heir to the fortune of Arnold Louis van Ameringen, who founded International Flavors and Fragrances. From 1990-2013, Henry van Ameringen donated more than $900,000 to Democrats. He is also a major promoter of gay rights and the legalization of marijuana.
- Randi Weingarten (2013) is president of the American Federation of Teachers.
- Dirk Wiggins (2014) is the founder of Code for Progress, a former director-of-targeting for Field Strategies, and a former outreach director for the Florida Democratic Party.
* Noteworthy attendees at DA’s April 2014 conference in Chicago included Valerie Jarrett and Bill de Blasio.
* Other key individuals with close ties to DA include Katrina vanden Heuvel; Lee Wasserman and Lisa Guide of the Rockefeller Family Fund; and Joan Davidson, president emeritus of the J.M. Kaplan Fund.