* Reid graduated from Harvard University in 1991 with a concentration in film, and was a Knight Center for Specialized Journalism fellow in 2003.
* Reid started her journalism career in 1997, leaving New York and her job at a business consulting firm to begin working for a WSVN Channel 7 morning television program in South Florida.
* In 2006-07, Reid co-hosted Wake up South Florida, a morning radio talk show broadcast from Radio One’s then-Miami affiliate, WTPS. She also worked as an online news editor for the NBC affiliate WTVJ in Miramar, Florida.
* After serving as as a freelance columnist for the Miami Herald (2003-15) and as editor of the political blog The Reid Report (2000-14), she became the managing editor of theGrio.com (2011-14), a daily online news and opinion website geared toward topics of interest to African-Americans.
* In February 2014, Reid became the host of her own afternoon cable news show, The Reid Report. The show was canceled on February 19, 2015, and Reid was subsequently assigned to a new role as an MSNBC national correspondent.
* Reid authored the 2015 book Fracture: Barack Obama, the Clintons and the Racial Divide.
* Reid co-edited the 2017 book, We Are The Change We Seek: The Speeches of Barack Obama.
* In November 2017, Reid wrongly defined “classical liberal” as “an accurate term for a person who supports New Deal economics and social modernity but does not identify as socialist.” For an accurate definition of “classical liberal,” click here and here.
* In December 2017, Reid interviewed the anti-Christian author and film director Frank Schaeffer, who had previously characterized Christianity as “a culture of insanity,” regarding President Trump’s recent affirmation that Jerusalem was the capital of Israel, and that the U.S. would be moving its diplomatic embassy to that city. Reid began with a quote from what she called “one of the more liberal publications in Israel”:
“In order to truly understand the centrality of this theological dog whistle to Trump’s Evangelical base, you must take their religious beliefs seriously … this is vital … because rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem would initiate the end-time laid out in the book of Revelation. End-time is a fundamentalist Christian belief in a prophecy that the living and the resurrected will one day be delivered from the Earth by God, their bodies transformed and protected in heaven, as he pours out his wrath on the sinners left behind.”
Reid then commented with incredulity: “That sounds like something out of a novel. Is it true that there are people who really believe that having Israel unified under, I mean having Jerusalem unified under total Israeli control, will bring on the end times?”
* In January 2018, less than two hours after Senate Democrats had agreed to terminate their “government shutdown” over the issue of how the government should deal with young illegal aliens affected by former President Obama’s unconstitutional DACA executive action on immigration, she tweeted: “There is nothing so predictable as media spin in favor of Republicans.”
* Reid currently has a net worth of approximately $1.5 million.