Prince Amr Muhammad Al-Faysal is a visible and vocal member of the Saudi Royal Family who regularly contributes to Arab News, Saudi Arabia’s leading daily publication. The following are excerpts from a number of his writings:
In an article published in Arab News on July 27, 2003, Al-Faysal wrote:
- “… We must learn from this that U.S. military strategy, doctrine, tactics, and whatever else you can think of, have reached a point of total bankruptcy. They are simply incapable of fighting real battles against real people who do not roll over and play dead on cue.
- “… I would like to suggest learning military arts from such people as the Vietnamese, who proved beyond a shadow of doubt their military superiority over the U.S. despite the latter’s almighty bluster and fancy hardware (how the Americans love their toys).
- “The Chinese also have a thing or two to teach us.… The East, brothers and sisters, is where we should look. Forget about the West, for they are finished.
In the June 29, 2003 edition of Arab News, Al-Faysal wrote:
- “I listened a few days ago to Paul Bremer, U.S. civil administrator in Iraq , as he protested vigorously about Iran ‘s alleged involvement in anti-occupation activities in Iraq. He warned Iran ‘not to interfere in Iraq’s internal affairs.’ This, coming from a man whose country, the United States, has just overrun and conquered Iraq and has more than 100,000 troops stationed there. Truly that is the pot calling the kettle black….”
- “The Americans, and their lapdogs of assorted nationalities, are merely experiencing the normal resistance of a conquered people to the power occupying their country in order to regain their freedom…. The world no longer tolerates overt imperialism and rejects outright colonization. The awesome white man is no longer held in awe. His technological superiority is no longer that great and his alleged moral superiority has been exposed through long and bitter experience as a sham.”
- “Take for example the poor suckers, oops! the U.S. soldiers whose task it is to conquer and pacify Iraq and whoever else the powers that be in Washington think should feel the force of ‘Freedom and Liberty.’ These men and women fight and die in obedience to a government that refuses to exempt them from paying income tax while engaged in battle overseas, but that passes tax reduction laws which further increase the already engorged bank accounts of rich Americans …”
In an article which appeared in Arab News on March 30, 2003, Al-Faysal wrote:
- “The American propaganda machine exaggerated George W. Bush’s limited role during the Vietnam War. The children of rich and well-to-do families in the U.S. are generally reluctant to join the armed forces, as the U.S. Army has become the refuge of the poor and minorities. This also gives us an idea of the thinking of American troops fighting in Iraq now. So I believe that the strong resistance shown by the Iraqis against the American aggression will soon weaken the morale of U.S. forces when they realize that they are dying for rich Americans who want to increase their bank balance. The blood of the poor and minorities in the U.S. is being wasted for the sake of rich Americans.”
- “This leads me to another article published by The New York Times on Colin Powell. The paper says Powell must be held responsible for the failure of American foreign policy. How did Powell become an easy victim of the Bush administration? It’s simple. In American cowboy movies, the black characters generally die before the end of the film….”
In an article published in Arab News on July 13, 2003 , Al-Faysal addressed the Jews:
- “I have been observing for a number of years the growth in prominence of members of the Jewish community in the U.S. This prominence has been recently magnified in a way that is eerily familiar. You see, the Americans usually pump up those they plan to chop off at the knees….”
- “President Bush and his Strangelovian colleagues of the neoconservative movement are the culmination of a long process whereby the American far right is attempting the hijack of the United States. This can only be done by subverting the democratic process and perverting the U.S. Constitution. Unfortunately, some members of the Jewish community have supported this attempt in the belief that the state of Israel will be better served by a U.S. firmly in the grip of the far right…. This is a very grave error.”
In another article dealing with the Jewish community in the U.S., Al-Faysal wrote:
- “I see the beginning of the failure of America ‘s international policy. It gives rise to the speculation that, as these signs become stronger, the ruling elite in the United States will look for a scapegoat or several scapegoats to channel the anger of the American public, who will soon arise from their deep slumber to understand the enormity of the setbacks they have suffered. The ruling elite is a group of rich capitalists, mostly of Anglo-Saxon origin, who are considered the real power in America , although there also exists a notion that the Jewish minority is the most powerful.”
- “In Western societies, throughout history, minorities — especially Jews — have been easy scapegoats for societies to vent their anger over the mistakes and corrupt practices of their rulers. That is what is happening in the U.S. now, as the ruling elite exploits 80 percent of the country’s resources. The majority of American armed forces who sacrifice their lives in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries, come from the lower strata of society. At the same time, the Anglo-Saxons who have dragged them into these wars are enjoying themselves and getting richer.”
- “The biggest group of personalities and think tanks who have been projected as supporters or instigators of the war on Iraq and America ‘s aggressive policies in general are from the Jewish minority. This is not accidental, nor is it evidence of the power of the Zionist lobby in the U.S. It is to set up the Jewish community as a scapegoat, so that it can be made to take full responsibility for the failure of those policies. The American people will naturally show their anger toward these Jews without attacking the ruling Anglo-Saxon elite.”
- “The American people will discover how the Jews were cheating the United States when all the files that have been put on the shelves are opened.”
This profile is adapted from the article “The Anti-American (and Anti-Semitic) Prince,” produced by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) and published by FrontPageMag.com on July 30, 2003.