* Solomon is a former associate of the Center for Investigative Reporting, which seeks to “hold the powerful accountable and reveal government fraud and waste of taxpayer funds, human rights violations, environmental degradation and threats to public safety.”
* In 1994, Solomon and Jeff Cohen began a continuing tradition of giving annual FAIR awards called “The P.U.-litzer Prizes” for examples of what they deemed right-wing or capitalist bias in the media.
* Over the years, Solomon has written numerous pieces for Al-Jazeera and Al Jazeera America.
* Solomon has authored and/or co-authored the following books:
- Killing Our Own: The Disaster of America’s Experience with Atomic Radiation (with Harvey Wasserman) – 1982
- Unreliable Sources: A Guide to Detecting Bias in News Media (with Martin Lee) – 1990
- False Hope: The Politics of Illusion in the Clinton Era – 1994
- Through the Media Looking Glass: Decoding Bias and Blather in the News (with Jeff Cohen) – 1995
- The Trouble with Dilbert: How Corporate Culture Gets the Last Laugh – 1997
- The Wizards of Media Oz: Behind the Curtain of Mainstream News (with Jeff Cohen) – 1997
- The Habits of Highly Deceptive Media: Decoding Spin and Lies in Mainstream News – 1999
- Adventures in Medialand: Behind the News, Beyond the Pundits (with Jeff Cohen) – 2002
- Target Iraq: What the News Media Didn’t Tell You – 2003
- War Made Easy: How Presidents and Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death – 2005
- Made Love, Got War: Close Encounters with America’s Warfare State – 2007