* Zuckerberg’s father was a dentist, and his mother was a psychiatrist.
* Zuckerberg says that he was inspired to launch Fwd.us after teaching a class on entrepreneurship in an after-school program: “One day I asked my students what they thought about going to college. One of my top aspiring entrepreneurs told me he wasn’t sure that he’d be able to go to college because he’s undocumented.… These students are smart and hardworking, and they should be part of our future.”
* Time magazine named Zuckerberg as its “Person of the Year” in 2010. Vanity Fair placed him at the top of its “New Establishment” list. And Forbes ranked Zuckerberg at #35 on its “400” list,
* On May 19, 2012, Zuckerberg married his longtime girlfriend, Priscilla Chan.
* Zuckerberg and his wife attended a White House state dinner in honor of Chinese President Xi Jinping on September 25, 2015.
* Zuckerberg spoke out in defense of a 14-year-old Muslim boy named Ahmed Mohamed, who in September 2015 was arrested at MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas, for bringing to school what he said was a clock, but appeared to be a bomb. “Having the skill and ambition to build something cool should lead to applause, not arrest,” said Zuckerberg. “The future belongs to people like Ahmed. Ahmed, if you ever want to come by Facebook, I’d love to meet you.”