- Official think-tank for the League of Arab States until it ceased operations in 2003
- Promoted an anti-Semitic and anti-American message through its speakers and publications
Defunct since 2003, the Zayed Center for Coordination and Follow-Up (ZCCF) was founded in 1999 in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as the official think tank for the League of Arab States, an association of 22 Arab nations. ZCCF was principally funded by the late UAE President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahayan. His son, H.H. Sheikh Sultan Bin Zayed al Nahayan, the Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE, was the organization’s Founding Chairman.
ZCCF regularly published literature and hosted speakers whose themes were strongly anti-Semitic and anti-American. Some of the organization’s notable lectures and symposiums over the years included the following:
- May 20, 2003: Rami Tahbob, advisor to Al Quds' File on Arab Affairs, alleged that "Israel police not only use [chemical] drugs for getting information [from Palestinians], but also for changing social structures in Palestinian society." He further claimed that "some sterilizing drugs were found in water reservoirs used by some Palestinian schools."
- May 1, 2003: Saudi “economic expert” Yussuf Abdallah Al Zamel blamed the Iraq War on "radical Zionist and right-wing Christian … powers planning behind the scenes to push the American government towards destructive wars."
- April 13, 2003: Dr. Shawqi Shaath, an "Archaeology and Heritage Expert" for the Arab League, accused Israel of seeking to "wipe out Palestinian, Arab and Islamic archaeological and historical landmarks" in its own territory as well as in "Syria, Lebanon and Iraq," in order to "confer [historical] legitimacy on the Zionist Entity." He claimed that Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem never existed, and disputed Jewish historical connection to the land of Israel. "On the contrary," he said, "scientific findings prove that Palestine and its people are Arabs who have been living in it since thousands of years."
- April 9, 2003: Dr. Umayma Jalahma, a professor of Islamic Studies at Saudi Arabia's King Faysal University, told a ZCCF audience that the U.S. invasion of Iraq had been timed to coincide with the Jewish holiday Purim; that “the invading [American]forces have begun to distribute the spoils and booties in Iraq, disregarding the painful cries and woes of the Iraqi children”; that “no one can curb the Zionist ambitions to establish a world state whose economic and political aspirations have no limits”; and that “Zionism and some Western circles have been active to defame the Arab and Muslim image.”
- April 6, 2003: Former Jordanian Information Minister Saleh Al Qallab declared that influential "rabbis" in the Bush administration were seeking to "reshape the world" through American military intervention, and suggested that the political leadership in Washington should be "removed."
- April 5, 2003: Dr. Gad Taha, Professor of History at Ain Sham University, claimed that "in every Western country" there is an agent of “international Zionism” whose job is to "impose support for Israel and raise funds and aid for it."
- March 11, 2003: American anti-Semite Michael Collins Piper claimed that the Jewish conspiracies for world domination described in the anti-Semitic forgery Protocols of the Elders of Zion, are "not a theory but a real fact." He called President Bush a "classic fanatic Zionist"; accused Israel of developing an "ethnic bomb" that will "eliminate the whole Arab race"; asserted that Israel controls the American media and government; and blamed Israel and the Mossad for the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Watergate scandal, and the Monica Lewinsky affair.
- August 28, 2002: A Zayed Center symposium on "Semitism" labeled the Holocaust a "false fable" perpetuated by Israel, and accused Israel of "spreading lies and exaggerations about holocaust [sic] in order to squeeze out huge sums of money from European countries through worst [sic] forms of blackmail."
- June 19, 2002: Archimandrite Father Atallah Hanna of the Greek Orthodox Church in Jerusalem praised Palestinian "martyrdom or suicide bombing" as a strategy that serves "the continued Intifada for freedom." According to Hanna, "the Israeli Zionist regime" is "committing genocide in Palestine" and the Palestinians have the right "to defend themselves from the Israeli barbarism and atrocities."
- June 2002: A Zayed Center conference, titled "The Middle East as a Strategic Crossroad," featured a presentation by Lyndon LaRouche, who told listeners that the 9/11 attacks "could not have happened without the connivance of something inside, very high level, inside the United States military command." Specifically, LaRouche blamed the "Zionist lobby," "Jewish gangsters," and "Christian Zionists."
- April 2002: The Zayed Center hosted a talk by author Theirry Meyssan, who claims that the U.S. military, and not Arab terrorists, were responsible for the 9/11 attacks. The Zayed Center translated Meysann’s book on this topic, The Appalling Fraud, into Arabic in July 2002.
- March 2, 2002: Religious scholar Mohamed Saeed Al Bouti, Islamic Studies Professor at Damascus University, stated that "all military operations done by Palestinian militants" should be "classified as martyr operations and not suicidal operations."
- January 2002: Hassan Ali Khater, a Palestinian researcher and editor of the Al Quds Al-Sharif Encyclopedia, suggested that the Temple of Solomon never actually existed, and claimed that "Israelis are falsifying history" by carving "Jewish inscriptions on rocks" and then "calling international experts to rediscover" the rocks "as Jewish monuments."
Some notable ZCCF publications include the following:
- American Media and the Arab Israeli Conflict (April 14, 2003): Author Michael Collins Piper condemns what he considers to be Jewish/Zionist domination of U.S. foreign policy.
- Oil in the American Foreign Policy: Oil Calculations in the War on Iraq (March 26, 2003): This publication says that America seeks "domination of the world" -- and that the U.S. invaded Iraq in order to seize its oil resources.
- Policy of Domination and Contemporary World Tensions (March 24, 2003): ZCCF calls Israel a “diabolical” nation working in concert with the U.S. to "re-shape the Middle East" in accordance with Israeli "expansionist ambitions" and American dreams of "hegemony."
- Jenin: Massacre against Humanity (January 21, 2003): This publication alleges that in April 2002 in the town of Jenin, the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) massacred innocent Palestinians en masse, in cold blood: “Hundreds of Palestinians civilians were killed, many crushed as their homes were demolished while they were still inside. [IDF] removed bodies in trucks, buried them in mass graves and many remained under the piles of debris. … Even in the worst wars and military confrontations, massacres of this scale hadn't taken place." ZCCF ignored the fact that Israel’s Jenin incursion was a response to a massive wave of Palestinian terrorist activity that had originated in that town. The organization further failed to acknowledge that the "massacre" accusations aimed at Israel had been proven to be false. The Palestinian Authority itself placed the official death toll from the Jenin battle at 56, of whom 48 were armed combatants.
- Chasing History: Israel and Palestinian Antiquities (August 2002): This screed accuses Israel of plotting to demolish the Al Aqsa Mosque "to build their so-called Solomon Temple."
- Role of the Jews in Distorting Arab Image in the Western Culture (July 2002): This publication claims that Zionists control most of America’s print and electronic media, using it to distort Americans' image of Arabs.
- The Battle of Armageddon and the End of the Arab-Israel Conflict as Viewed by Some American Circles (July 2002): According to this booklet, Zionists confidently expect that an impending nuclear apocalypse will be followed by the establishment of a worldwide Jewish theocracy.
- Al Buraq Wall, Not Wailing Wall (December 2001): This publication calls "simply baseless" the "Zionist alleged rights to the [Western] Wall," claiming that the Al Aqsa Mosque was built "more than a thousand years before [King] Solomon."
- The Zionist Movement and its Animosity to Jews (October 2001) contends that "the Zionists," not the Nazis, "were the people who killed the Jews in Europe"; that Zionists murdered fellow Jews and sent them to die in Nazi concentration camps so other Jews would be terrorized into migrating to Israel; and that the Nazis supplied weapons to "the Zionist army in Palestine."
- Does Israel Rule the World? (August 2001): This publication claims that "the Jewish lobby" in the United States “controls the media, the Congress and monopolies.”
Criticized extensively for its connections to such radical publications and guest speakers, the Zayed Center was shut down in August of 2003.
This profile relies heavily on information contained in the article "The Zayed Center," published by the Anti-Defamation League on September 15, 2003.